Monday, August 11, 2008

I think I need a Target fix

I was in for quite an adventure today. I took a trip to the other side of the bay to explore new beaches. I think I have been experiencing Island Fever a bit because the idea of venturing to a new place had me ecstatic. There were seven of us that loaded ice chests, lawn chairs, and beach toys into a suburban. We headed off to the ferry that would carry us to the other side. I was thrilled to see a beautiful sandy beach. The kids enjoyed jumping off the pier and watching Iguanas.  Below are a few pictures of our adventure. 

The ferry is always packed with cars. We hope it's not full when we come back. Silly military wives looking for a good time have the last priority when it comes to the ferry. 


My friend's kids, the best behaved kids on the planet, are amazed by Iguanas. They are watching a male and female. Maybe the Iguanas are watching them. 

This male Iguana is missing a good section of his tail. He was probably hit by a car. Iguanas are not the smartest reptiles on the planet. As soon as we fired up the engine to leave he ran under the suburban and we had to get out and chase him off. 

We decided to check out another beautiful spot called Hidden Beach. You are not allowed to swim at this beach due to a vicious undertow but are allowed to scuba dive here. It's supposed to be amazing and I can't wait to dive this beach. I have to get my advanced diver certification which I begin on the 15th. 

This is a female Iguana. She was watching us as we climbed down the stairs toward the beach.



This is a stunning beach with beautiful aqua water. 


We were the last car on the ferry. We really didn't think we would fit but they squeezed us on. It was a nice day at the beach. Tomorrow I should probably stay home, do some laundry, and look for a job.

No comments: