Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Beautiful Day

It is now the end of November and the temperatures are finally starting to fall. It's an absolutely beautiful day today so I grabbed the camera and took off for a Saturday drive. 






While taking this photo I spotted a giant sea turtle that I watched for several minutes. I tried to get a photo but I was just to far away. It's the first sea turtle I have seen on the surface. I have spotted them underwater before.



This area is called "The Slot." It's a favorite for advanced scuba divers. Strong currents keep the rest of us away.




I love Cable Beach. It has the most beautiful blue water. It is also a great place to snorkel if you don't get motion sick. 





Not a bad day. Now off to do laundry. Ugh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for adding new pictures. Be thankful you have clothing to wash. Tee Hee
Mom

Nee Nee said...

Thank you for the beautiful pics! My mother and her best friend loved Cable Beach - I just miss Gitmo so much - ahhh the memories.

Anita Lewis Isom

Bill Lewis said...

Biggest barracuda I ever saw in the water was at Cable Beach. Almost as long as I was at the time!

They won't bother you if you don't bother them....

Amelioratione said...

Hello, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself! I really enjoy reading your blog, my Hub is stationed in GTMO, and it makes me feel a little closer to him to see your photos. :)

can't wait for more!

Anonymous said...

84 shots further west on the shore.

http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/575961615sMVlSr