Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Banana Watch - Day 114 - The End.

Finally!!!! Who knew it took  almost four months for bananas to ripen. All that watching and waiting is just to high-maintenance for me.  



So it was decided today was the day.  I said, "bring out the machete." Any day my husband gets to use a machete is a good day.  




Hummm, they sure are small. 


Small but tasty. They have a very mild banana flavor. Maybe because our soil does not have many nutrients.   Now we just need to figure out what to do with them and fast. I think we let them over ripen a bit. 

I hope you enjoyed our banana saga. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I was there to taste one. Mom

Anonymous said...

I live in Hawaii and just harvested my first bananas. They seem a little starchy. Someone told me that if you cut them when the first banana turns yellow and then hang them they are sweeter than if you let them ripen completely on the tree. Cuba looks nice!