Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Good Bless the USA and Target

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in forever. I have been so busy recovering from my trip to Florida. I'm sure you are all chomping at the bit to hear all of my shopping adventures, especially the men. I think I hit every store known to man in the short week I was there. Much to my dismay it was freezing cold and me without a jacket or anything long sleeved for that matter. I had to muster up the strength to shop for a winter wardrobe as well. Poor me. There was a Target right outside the base where I was staying. I was a frequent visitor and knew most of the staff before I left. I finished all my Christmas shopping and mailed out most. Oh yes, I was there for training and that was fine. Well, back to the shopping. I think the most challenging part for me was all the choices. How to pick one pair of shoes from racks and racks of really cute shoes. I think maybe it's better to have fewer choices. OK, that's a lie. I left for Florida with a suitcase that was half full and returned with two stuffed suitcases. It was six months of shopping in one short week. Crazy Clown Airlines managed to be only 3 hours late on the return flight. The best part was when the flight attendant, that spoke little English, said "we are sorry for the flight delay, we hope you can make all your connections." The entire plane erupted in laughter. It was amazing to step off the airplane and feel the blast of the warm air. GTMO is truly paradise. Now if they would only build a Target, it would be heaven.

No comments: